Monday, October 1, 2007

An Unexpected Summer Drink

One of my absolute favourite summer drinks is, embarrassingly, bubble tea. I know the mention of bubble tea might ignite memories of overly sweetened tea with the ever familiar black tapioca pearls which I honestly find, quite diverting to chew. Strangely, as weird as it sounds, my cravings for bubble tea appeared out of the blue when I arrived in Perth.

I often patronise Formosa Cafe in Northbridge, Perth, for my occasional fix of bubble tea. Run and owned by Taiwanese, the bubble tea here has heaps more potential than the ones back in Singapore. They do a good range of flavours, from milk teas, to sorbets and smoothies. As for the tapioca pearls? A mellow honey-like taste erupts once you sink your teeth into the glutinous black flesh.



My favourite flavour - Grapefruit Green Tea. One sip of this envelopes your senses in sweet and sour heaven. Introduced to me by a dear Taiwanese friend of mine, I've never regretted ordering this ever since.

No comments: