Friday, September 7, 2007

Ready-Made Roast Chicken & Balsamic Salad

Have you ever had days when you're just absolutely reluctant to drag your lazy self to the kitchen and make a satisfying meal from scratch? Well, yesterday was one of those 'on strike' days for me.

Yesterday found myself browsing the aisles of Woolies after a day at uni. I thought of making gnocchi for dinner, but then you have to get the minced beef, the packet of gnocchi, the herbs and spices, and suddenly, it wasn't very appealing. All of a sudden, some Woolies staff announced that they were selling whole roasted baby chickens at $5.50 each, and I drooled, yes upon the price, but not least the smell of these ready-made darlings.



For a side, I made some salad (baby rocket and mini roma tomatoes) with balsamic dressing (recipe below) to go with the roast chicken. I adore balsamic vinegar and therefore cannot do without my frequent dosage of balsmic dressing with simply any kind of salad.



Absolutely heaven and easy on the bucks.

Balsamic dressing
olive oil (or extra virgin)
balsamic vinegar
wholegrain mustard
salt & pepper

Mix concentrations of ingredients above to taste. Drizzle on salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.