Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tiramisu and Ben 10

If you are thinking what is the connection between tiramisu and Ben 10, wonder no more.

'Twas two nights before my father's birthday, i.e. today, that my sis saves the day...or more correctly night!

My hubby and I were watching TV at my father's when raps were heard at the door. Sis and her family entourage appeared with a cake to celebrate our father's birthday!

From Breadtalk, the tiramisu cake was burdened with candles galore to signify our ageing and senescent father.



Now, it has been a number of years that I've tasted a cake from Breadtalk. Surprisingly, the cake was light and not very sweet. The cream and cocoa combination was a counterfoil to the soft vanilla sponge. However, the cake could do with some rum.



As usual, my nephew demonstrated his appetite by downing 3 pieces...while giving his aunt a short course on Ben 10. 'Tis the story of 10-year-old Ben Tennyson who discovered a mysterious device, and gained the power to change into 10 different alien heroes, each with uniquely awesome powers. Shown on cartoon network, the series is the latest hit for Singaporean lads!

No comments: