Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sis Comes A-Knocking!

Staying in an apartment without my family gets me missing times when me and my sister used to rule the house back in Singapore. As for my sister, staying in a hostel without a proper kitchen isn't the sort of environment one would like to cook in.

Therefore, Sam came over to my house today to cook spaghetti bolognese, an utterly simple but favourite dish for both of us. According to wikipedia, bolognese sauce is a meat-based sauce for pasta. However we twisted the recipe a little and threw in some mushrooms with our minced beef as well.



I love red onions. Sweeter than brown and white onions, they impart the most incredible sweet fragrance to the bolognese sauce.



Button mushrooms are fantastic. Perfect for salads, soups and stews, this thing we term a fungus just goes to prove how important and flexible it is.



Our lip-smacking result. The flavours of the tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and beef simply combined together like they were made for each other, producing a glorious beefy stock. Common ingredients in every supermarket and absolutely easy to prepare, spaghetti bolognese is a winner with everyone, from kids to full-grown adults.

No comments: