Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Real Quick Mussels Spaghetti



After 2 'shop till I drop' weeks in Singapore, it was back to good ol' Perth.
So for dinner, I decided to snag a recipe from Jamie Oliver's latest cookbook (Cook with Jamie). Mussels with spaghetti! Boy, was it as quick as it was named. The cooking process was really easy, except for the part of the prep when I had to debeard my mussels (took a bit of work, I might add). The white wine & basil oil easily summed up the sophistication of this dish. Though I wished I had chosen another bottle of wine (the one I chose was really too strong), and for the mussels to be a teeny bit larger, it was pretty good for a first attempt!

Taste-wise, I loved how the broth had an oomph of wine power. The juices were really clear & flavourful, a delightful change from the heavy, tangy, common tomato-based pasta. With a few minor changes here & there, I'm sure the next time mussels with spaghetti arrive on my dinner table, it'll be uncontrollable with an even better broth to go!

No comments: