Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mediterranean Classic



A couple weeks ago, I took on the task of attempting to create tabbouleh from a mixture of fresh veggies & cracked wheat. Now this particular dish, tabbouleh, from what Wiki tells me, is a Lebanese salad. Very mediterranean looking. But that wasn't the reason why I had a thirst of whacking tabbouleh up.

The thing is, I got confused with the term tabbouleh & a particular brown rice, salad type dish my lips often patronised back in Singapore at Cedele Depot. I can't remember the details or why I loved it. In any case, there was definitely parsley in it and Mom would often take away that brown rice salad thing whenever she happened to pass by CD.



Tabbouleh is a whole lot different. It is especially refreshing on a hot summer day. Red bouncy tomatoes and crunchy green cucumbers, just gushing out all that wonderful cold juices. Bunches of roughly chopped parsley drenched in that tangy flavour which a lemon can naturally dissipate. Sampling it spoon by spoon, this salad is a grade A addition to any approaching, summer-feasting occasion.

(Recipe can be found at Cooks.com)

No comments: