Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Soothing Chai Latte

From our many sojourns to Perth, my hubby and I have discovered the popular Chai Latte. As ubiquitous as the 'Coffee Latte' in the cafes of Singapore, Chai Latte is found in cafes all over Australia. From Gloria Jean's and Dome to specialty outlets and restaurants, Chai Latte is a popular afternoon indulgence among the Aussies.



What is Chai Latte? Mixed with milk (skim for me, the usual for my hubby), this is a hot and creamy, fragrant tea made from black tea leaves and a blend of ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and honey. One cup of soothing Chai Latte is sure to revitalise both the mind and body. Mildly spicy, Chai Latte is a comforting drink which is sure to satisfy coffee (that's me!) and tea (that's my hubby) lovers alike, and bring inner warmth and well-being to all who enjoy its exotic flavours.



The last trip in earlyJuly saw me in Woolworth's (Perth's largest supermarket chain) peering at the rows and rows of beverages available. To my amazement, I was able to find ready boxes of Chai tea bags. I got a 50-tea bags box and since my return, both my hubby and I have been enjoying the body and sophistication of the Chai Latte. Drink it after dinner as an after-dinner beverage and it will leave your pallet tingling and refreshed.

What is my Chai Latte recipe? It's easy. Microwave and boil a cup of milk and soya bean milk. Once it is boiling, pop in a Chai tea bag. Let the bag steep for 3 mins and voila! A refreshing hot Chai tea! Enjoy!

No comments: